วันอังคารที่ 13 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2554

McIlroy jealous of the amateurs as Walker Cup gets underway at Royal Aberdeen.

Rory McIlroy has written a personal good luck letter to Britain and Ireland’s Walker Cup team telling them he is ‘jealous’ of what they have to look  forward to when they take on the Americans at Royal Aberdeen this weekend.
The 22-year-old with the millions, the major and the celebrity girlfriend wrote: ‘Here I am in Holland playing in the rain and you guys are about to have one of the best weekends of your life. That’s how I remember my Walker Cup experience and I didn’t play on a winning side! I’m jealous. I hope it all goes well and look forward to you lifting the Walker Cup on Sunday.’
McIlroy’s letter was one of a number read out by home captain Nigel Edwards on Friday as he prepared his team for an uphill task against a strong American side.
World No 1 Luke Donald, who won seven points out of eight in his two Walker Cup appearances, Lee Westwood and Open champion Darren Clarke also took time out to compose their good luck messages.
World No 2 Westwood told the team: ‘You are already ahead of me since I never played in the Walker Cup but I know from Ryder Cup matches how special these team events are in golf. Remember to play your own game and don’t worry about the opposition.’
One man who will not be doing that is self-assured Englishman Tom Lewis, playing in his last amateur event before joining the  professional ranks on Monday. He will partner Scot Michael Stewart against Peter Uihlein and Harris English Saturday’s opening foursomes match.

By:The Hulk

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น